getting into the
Join the Pony Club and ride with friends
We have joined the Pony Club Centre Membership scheme which means that young riders up to the age of 21 can now be part of an International organisation with over 110,000 members in 22 countries.
Developing and growing
Clubbers can work towards internationally recognised Pony Club Tests and Achievement Badges. The Tests run from ‘E’ Test (may be led) to the ‘A’ Test which is equivalent to BHS Stage 4.
At weekends we have Club Time, where children can work for Achievement Badges, learn about all aspects of pony care and have a go under supervision at tasks like plaiting, lungeing and getting a pony ready to travel in a horsebox.
They can ride for one hour in small groups of similar standard from E Test – C Test and work towards badges for an hour (both groups are optional). Badges can be sewn on our very own Wildwoods Riding Centre Pony Club sweatshirt.
Rallies in the holidays and half term will consist of an hours’ riding and an hour of stable management instruction, working towards the various
Achievement Badges. Day Course “Own a Pony” days and treks around the beautiful countryside are organised at half term and in the holidays.
You don’t have to be a member to ride, but a monthly newsletter keeps you up to date with all the latest if you are!
Pony club lessons
PONY CLUB LESSONS ARE UP & RUNNING with social distancing in place!
The times of group lessons may have changed to comply with guidelines.
We are still not able to offer lead rein lessons or Pony Club Achievement badges until the Covid situation improves.
We are offering Level E riders half hour private lessons as long as they are able to ride without assistance
ACTIVITIES FOR EASTER!
- TUESDAY 6th APRIL PONY HALF DAY. LEVEL D+ 10.30 – 13.00 £65/£70
- THURSDAY 8th APRIL. HACK TO HEADLEY 13.00 – 15.00. Level D £55/£60
- FRIDAY 9th APRIL BAREBACK LESSON LEVEL D+ 12.00 – 13.00 Level D++ 14.00 – 15.00 @ £45 / £50
- MONDAY 12th APRIL BAREBACK LESSON LEVEL D+ 11.30 – 12.30 @ £45 / £50
- TUESDAY 13th APRIL PONY HALF DAY. LEVEL D+ 10.30 – 13.00 £65/£70
- THURSAY 15th APRIL HACK TO HEADLEY 13.00 – 15.00. Level D / D+ @ £55/£60