Pony Club at Wildwoods
We have joined the Pony Club Centre Membership scheme which means that young riders up to the age of 21 can now be part of an International organisation with over 110,000 members in 22 countries.
Developing and growing
Kids can work towards internationally recognised Pony Club Tests and Achievement Badges.
The Tests run from ‘E’ Test (may be led) to the ‘A’ Test which is equivalent to BHS Stage 4.
Riders are grouped into small groups of similar standard.
Saturday afternoon is Club Time, where children can learn about all aspects of pony care, work for Achievement Badges and have a go under supervision at tasks like plaiting, lungeing and getting a pony ready to travel in a horsebox. Riding (optional) is split into groups from E Test – C Test
Rallies in the holidays and half term will consist of an hours’ riding and an hour of stable management instruction, working towards the various Achievement Badges.
Day Course “Own a Pony” days and treks around the beautiful countryside are organised at half term and in the holidays.
You don’t have to be a member to ride, but a monthly newsletter keeps you up to date with all the latest if you are!
Summer holidays 2017
- Tuesday 25th July – Day Course 10.30am–16.00 @ £75/£85
- Thursday 27th July – Combined Training 10.30am–16.00 @ £80/£90
- (Learn to ride a Dressage Test and Showjump course) Must be Walk, Trot, Canter, Level D upwards.
- Friday 28th July – Picnic Ride to Headley. 11.00–15.00 @ £85/£95
- Saturday 29th July – Pony Club Rally @ £50/£55 14.00 level E 15.00 Achievement Badges, 16.00 Level D 17.00 Level D+ / C with jumping (2 hours between 14.00 – 16.00 depending on level)
- Tuesday 1st August – Own a Pony Day 10.30am–16.00 @ £75/£85
- Friday 4th August – Own a Pony Day 10.30am–16.00 @ £75/£85
- Saturday 5th August – Pony Club Rally @ £50/£55 (as above)
- Tuesday 8th August – Day Course 10.30am–16.00 @ £75/£85
- Thursday 10th August – Combined Training 10.30am–16.00 @ £80/£90 (Learn to ride a Dressage Test and Showjump course) Must be Walk, Trot, Canter, Level D upwards.
- Saturday 12th August – Pony Club Rally @ £50/£55 (as above) Tuesday 15th August – Day Course 10.30am–16.00 @ £75/£85
- Friday 18th August – Children’s hack 11.00–13.00 @ £60/£65 Saturday 19th August – Pony Club Rally @ £50/£55 (as above)
- Tuesday 22nd August – Day Course 10.30am–16.00 @ £75/£85
- Tuesday 29th August-Friday 1st September – PONY CLUB CAMP @ £75/£85 p/d or £240 p/w
- Saturday 2nd September – PONY CLUB ANNUAL SHOW (schedule attached)
Call us for more details and to book on 01737 812146, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
So much to do
In a world where children are given iPads at school and seem to have less incentives to go outside, it seems great that riding still brings out the little adventurer.